View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #680
Spider-Fan
Puppet tangled in strings
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: OFFICIAL: Hugo Weaving is Red Skull - Part 6/6/44

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
I know the movie was supposed to be light-hearted, but so were the Spiderman movies, and they gave us some great villains, The Green Goblin, Harry Goblin and Doc Ock especially did some pretty evil things in the movies which far surpass anything the Red Skull did. They also had darker moments than RS did and yet we still felt sympathetic for them. Even Sandman and Venom, who were a step down from those 3, seemed more interesting than RS, and all 3 of those were light-hearted movies.
The Red Skull is not a villain we should be feeling sympathy for. I also disagree on having no edge of the seat moments. I thought the last battle in the cockpit was very dramatic and I was on the edge of my seat. Same also applies to when they first meet. We'll have to disagree here.

Quote:
RS talked a big game, but he just didnt come across as threatening at all, not once did I worry for Cap's safety, or that Cap wouldnt succeed, and thats because the villain wasnt enough of a threat. Not one scene in the movie had me on the edge of my seat and this was down to the villain IMO. Also, Sebastien Shaw was an old style Bond villain as well, and he was in a PREQUEL, yet still moments involving him had me on the edge of my seat and worrying for the fate of the good guys, despite me knowing they would live. Now, IMO Hugo Weaving is a more talented actor than Kevin Bacon, yet the latter created a much more threatening and menacing villain.
X:FC was an edgier film than Cap was.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote