View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 06:11 AM   #681
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: OFFICIAL: Hugo Weaving is Red Skull - Part 6/6/44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
The Red Skull is not a villain we should be feeling sympathy for.
Agreed, I wasnt implying that, I was saying sympathetic villains like the ones in the Spiderman series came accross a lot more threatening than RS did, and RS is supposed to be pure evil. Also, I was giving examples of villains working well in lighthearted movies.

Quote:
I also disagree on having no edge of the seat moments. I thought the last battle in the cockpit was very dramatic and I was on the edge of my seat. Same also applies to when they first meet. We'll have to disagree here.
I'll agree about the part were they first meet, that is the best part of the movie for me, especially the shot of them on the bridge wanting to confront each other but they cant because it is seperating them. That was an iconic shot and I expected the movie, and The Red Skull, to go from strength to strength after that, but both took a bit of a dip. The movie though recovered once Steve decided to sacrifice himself and the subsequent talk with Peggy, but RS was gone by then.

Quote:
X:FC was an edgier film than Cap was.
And thats why, IMO, it was the best CB of the year and had one of the best villains of the year, Cap, while I liked it, didnt come close to either.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote