View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 09:45 AM   #6
The Incredible Hulk
O AN I SEXY!

Default Re: Green Arrow Series Coming to the CW? (Hartley not attached)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakuMon View Post
Anyway, what I was planning to say was that I'm of two minds of this.

When I first heard they were doing a GA show on the CW without Justin, my initial reaction was, "well, that's stupid." And for what it's worth, I still think it's stupid. I mean, I understand why the creators want to go their own direction (the showrunners are not affiliated with Millar/Gough) and not be tied down to the continuity of Smallville. I get that. Heck, even Gough and Millar themselves went a completely different direction when they initially planned an Aquaman show, so I don't begrudge the writers for going outside the Smallville universe. But if that's the case, why bother doing a Green Arrow show in the first place?
That's what I was thinking. The body isnt even cold yet on Smallville and they're going to make a series about one of the show's regular cast airing on the same network and NOT use the actor who just played him?

At least with Aquaman, Alan Ritchson had only one appearance on Smallville at that time, so it's not like he was engrained in the viewers conscience as being the character. Hartley was GA for 70 episodes.

Quote:
The only reason, in my opinion, anyone ever clamored for a GA show to begin with is because they wanted to see a spinoff of the character as portrayed on Smallville. I know the CW wanted another superhero show to replace SV, but why not use a different character? There are, literally, hundreds of characters in the DCU to choose from. But Ollie was integral to SV for the last half-decade, why re-intro him to CW audiences if you're not going to tie it to the original?
Seems stupid. If they want a superhero series that badly (which IMO they should've had ready to go this season to keep the SV audience) there's a literal plethora of other great DCU characters to pick from. If you're going to pick one that was just done, and for the most part done well, expect the audience, who will largely be the same, to want some kind of continuity.

Last edited by The Incredible Hulk; 01-13-2012 at 09:54 AM.
The Incredible Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote