View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #8
All Mighty
Default Re: Green Arrow Series Coming to the CW? (Hartley not attached)

Originally Posted by Prison Mike View Post
I hope it's not related to Smallville. I loved Hartley as GA but there would be just too much baggage from Smallville if both shows are connected. For one, I never liked Oliver and Chloe together. If this show is related to Smallville then there will of course be a reference to her (if Chloe is not included in the show). I would love a GA show that is based on the comic books where he has an actual relationship with Black Canary. It's the perfect opportunity to do a GA show that is comic book based and not a "new take" or "reimagining". That said, I also don't like the line about the show being set in a new world and not based in comics. Honestly, I think they should have gone with a different superhero altogether in order to avoid the mess.
I would accept a show like this set outside the Smallville universe too, if they adapted more from the comics, but they're not doing that, they're going to apparently do someting completelly original

Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote