View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 10:19 PM   #12
Axl Van Sixx
Comrade

Default Re: who was the most convincing clark kent with glasses after chris reeve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
After watching a few episodes of Lois and Clark I've begun to notice a slight difference between Cain's Clark and Superman. When he's in the business suit and glasses, he comes off as slightly more timid and nerdy while Superman comes off more like a musclebound hunk, Mr. Perfect. A little bit of it is demeanor but another part of it is simply what glasses do to a person. I think that's a lot of what the glasses were for, to play off the stereotype that a person in glasses is weak and mild mannered, and that no matter what the person wearing them does, they're still perceived that way.

I dunno if I'd say he's my favorite Clark after Reeve's, but I have a new appreciation for the performance.
I don't know, Cain to me always seemed like he felt awkward in the suit. I think that was a function of the way he played CK/Superman - i.e., Clark was the real person and Superman was just a public persona - but IMO there was never really any difference between the way Cain played Clark and the way he played Superman.

"We know the freedom that argues against communism is the freedom to enslave and the freedom to exploit."—Blanqui

IMT supporter
Axl Van Sixx is offline   Reply With Quote