View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 01:46 PM   #26
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Default Re: Anyone saw Batman Returns in theaters?

I remember the teaser poster as early as December 1991 with the tight close up of the Bat-logo ears and the Summer 1992 at the bottom.

I remember impatiently waiting for the school year to be over and ready for Batmania all over again but in this case it wasn't as huge a marketing push as in '89 but now quality control on merchandise was really strict to thwart out the pirated stuff such as T-shirts, toys.

There was the CBS special hosted by Robert Urich and E! had an hour long one too of which I still have on VHS, some pretty cool stuff especially seeing Christopher Walken being interviewd without realizing how kooky he would become in later roles, he even wore a tuxedo to the premiere admiting he didn't know what the attire would be thinking it would be like a huge gala event. oh Chris you're so kooky.

The movie itself didn't impress me much since once again Batman took a backseat to the villians but seeing it every so often with an older perpective I can appreciate Burton's attempt at making weird movies before that didn't fit the studio standard.

Self-contained stories part of a larger story is where its at. Not this writing for the trade nonsense. If you're going to write for the trade, don't release it in individual issues. Just release the trade.
Mace Dolex is offline   Reply With Quote