View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 01:58 PM   #28
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Default Re: Anyone saw Batman Returns in theaters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamAlleys View Post
To this day I dont know how it happened especially since I was a massive batman fan by that point since early 89, reading religiously and waiting for every single Batman issue, but I had no clue a sequel came out until it appeared on VHS late the same year. Dont ask me how, I just didnt know. havent seen any ads, havent heard anything about it (I was born and grew up in Europe btw)

The hype and promotion for 89 movie was massive, but BR I never heard about until my dad made a surprise for me and brought it to me on VHS in the winter of '92 the day it got released . As a side note, imagine my shock and happiness at the same time. I think thats even better than anticipating the movie. Its like "hey, B89 is one of your 2 favorite movies? I got something for you. Here, theres a sequel and you can watch it now, its in your hands"
Wow I can't even fathom the thought of going to a video store and out of the blue spotting a brand new Batman movie that you never heard was out.