View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 05:55 AM   #45
I'm NOT Batman
Default Re: Anyone saw Batman Returns in theaters?

Originally Posted by Thebumwhowalks View Post
I was confused when I walked out of Batman in 89...but I was totally buzzing when I came out of Batman Returns...I felt I had saw some things onscreen that I wanted from a Batman movie finally...

- a villan who not only acted like their comicbook counterpart, but looked just like they had stepped from the page(Catwoman)

...seeing Batman up on the rooftops fighting a super-villan(CW)

.... Batman fighting a random attack by a colourful gang of crooks (the Circus gang, esp the 1st set-piece, as on that first showing I did not know they were Penguin's gang, I thought they were just a random Gotham gang, it felt like a crazy mutant type gang from Miller's TDKR)

and extended action set pieces with Batman that involved super-villans in the action...

Now, you might think I was just there for the action, but no, of course I did enjoy the story, esp MP's Catwoman origin and was just that I had been waiting on a serious live action BM movie my whole life, and this one came closer than Batman 89 to delivering what I wanted to see onscreen Batman wise.
Ummm... What comics were you reading at the time?

In 2005 the night began. In 2008 the night was at its darkest. In 2012 the dawn will rise.

I like: The Star Wars prequels, Spider-Man 3, Transformers, X-men 3, the Pirates sequels, and Indiana Jones 4.
WARNING! My opinion might be invalid!
munchie64 is offline   Reply With Quote