View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #35
El Payaso
Banned User

Default Re: What did Christopher Nolan think of the other Batman movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATS N' HORNETS View Post
I could so argue against that. While they are entertaining films and great stories as well, few people realize that Nolan is not really taking too many things from source material. A few things from Killing Joke or Batman annual #14 or MAN WHO FALLS or otherwise are only starting points. He is adapting general conceptions about characters for his own agenda.
You have described the best way to adapt things. Take the core concepts and shape them into a greats tory.

Sure, many people come and say 'I love Nolan because he is so faithful to the comics.' Well no, he's about as faithful as anyone else. But the reason why Batman, Joker, Two-Face, Gordon and such are so great in his movies is not because he duplicates everything that happens in coics but because he envisions the characters as if they were real.

Quote:
Hate to beat a dead horse, but stylistically Batman 89 was a better Batman film.
I agree. Each director has his good points.

Quote:
Am I the only one who thinks Nolan was a bit cerebral in his approach to TDK?
I think that too and I love that enormously.

Quote:
Batman Begins tops TDK by a mile because the film was juggling too many things. There were about 20 minutes I would have cut from the film
Same could be said about The Godfather, Davinci's Last Supper could do it with two apostles less, but sometimes movies are not to please audiences entirely at the first sight.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote