View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 09:37 PM   #52
Cain
"West West Y'all"

Default Re: What did Christopher Nolan think of the other Batman movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamAlleys View Post
Well the coin thing actually preceded BTAS as well, its from the 70s - the era that Forever referenced to most

As for Nolan's influences I tried to gather as much as I could with others - http://gothamalleys.blogspot.com/201...es-part-v.html

Forever admittedly did well with their research on their 70s, its the characterization of Batman I cant seem to find a match of.
The funny thing is that the only thing that actually does remind me of the bronze age in that movie outside of the Dick and Bruce dynamic through most of the movie (very reflective of the Robin goes to college era) is Kilmer's Batman. Everything else seems so much more silver agey especially the villains with Two-Face being more Paul Sloane in embracing his crime boss status than Harvey Kent (Dent). But it really is a melting pot.

Like the car design in that movie is a mid 90's take on the golden age batmobile but then you have a 90's comic looking Batboat. I found more silver age than bronze or golden age in that movie though for sure. Things like "drag queen" Riddler and "Oh No! it's boiiiiiiiiling aciiiiiiiiid" are just much more in line with the quirky nature of the silver age comics.

Pull list: Saga, Thief of Thieves, The Manhattan Projects, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Harbinger, X-O Manowar, Archer & Armstrong, Shadowman, Green Lantern, Red Lanterns, Justice League 3000, Action Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Red Hood & The Outlaws, Swamp Thing, All-Star Western, Earth 2, Daredevil, All-New X-Men

Last edited by Cain; 01-23-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote