View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 06:07 AM   #56
Godzilla2014
Deadpan Snarker

Default Re: What did Christopher Nolan think of the other Batman movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATS N' HORNETS View Post
Yeah... the Freeze thing was taken directly from Paul Dini's one shot Freeze comic that was adapted into BTAS.

Paul Dini is completely responsible for the modern Freeze and Mike Mignola did the quintessential design
If you're referring to the Mr. Freeze design from B:TAS, I always found the purple gloves weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamAlleys View Post
Well the coin thing actually preceded BTAS as well, its from the 70s - the era that Forever referenced to most

As for Nolan's influences I tried to gather as much as I could with others - http://gothamalleys.blogspot.com/201...es-part-v.html

Forever admittedly did well with their research on their 70s, its the characterization of Batman I cant seem to find a match of.
Oh, I stand corrected on the coin thing. It still doesn't make much sense in the context of the movie. Why is Batman carrying a bunch of silver dollars? Did he know he was going to be in that situation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamAlleys View Post
Well, for me hes way too stoic, relaxed and half asleep for a bronze or Modern Age Batman, and not easy going and enthusiastic enough to be the Silver Age Batman, and not a creepy killing dark creature to be the early '39/'40 Batman
Agreed. When the thugs run in the alley when they see him, I don't really buy it because Val Kilmer's Batman doesn't seem to do anything that would scare people. I can buy criminals being scared ****less of Batman as portrayed by Michael Keaton or Christian Bale, because they make an effort to be intimidating, which Val Kilmer never did.

This post was brought to you by Godzilla.

http://i.imgur.com/6FNiJ.jpg

The more you know.
Godzilla2014 is offline   Reply With Quote