View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 08:18 AM   #59
GothamAlleys
Side-Kick

Default Re: What did Christopher Nolan think of the other Batman movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATS N' HORNETS View Post
I had no idea Batman Forever was referencing the 70's aesthetically. I'll have to watch it again.
No no, not aesthetically, I mean ideas and references. For example, Bruce entering Batcave from his office, statue of liberty, that sort of things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Bronze age Batman wasn't really known for intimidation though. He was an adventurous hairy chested batgod. They tried that with Kilmer. Now whether you think it was successful or not is a whole different thing altogether.
I hate to disagree with you but I still stand by my words. Right now Im about to leave to work but as soon as Ill get a chance Ill post some examples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2014 View Post
But the alley scene of Forever shows a hundred goons run away scared just because they see Batman (so it is a fair criticism), but I don't really buy it in that scene because Kilmer never makes an effort to be intimidating as Batman.
I believe the goons run away cause its "the legendary Batman" so they didnt want their asses kicked. Kind of like goons running away from cops, not cause theyre scary, but cause theyll get in trouble when caught