View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 10:05 AM   #16
T-CLIPSE
Side-Kick

Default Re: X-Men 3...seriously fans/people--WHY all the hate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteScorpio View Post
Deaths of so many characters had no meaning at all. So why kill them?
What is your definition of "so many characters"....two? Scott and Xavier? I already gave the meaning of their deaths in my first post.
Quote:
It's not like it's some minor characters that no one would regret about. Come on, we all pained together with Scott when Jean sacrificed herself at the end of second movie. Nothing like that in the third.
There was funeral scene for Xavier to express loss, and even Magneto himself expressed regret about Xaviers death while defending him against Pyro's comments.
Quote:
Yeah, I understand what they WANTED to say with adding this character. But it just doesn't work for me and for many other people. Why not? Because he is not connected to anything really. He is a loose thread.
He was connected to the man who invented the mutant cure, I won't continue to argue this point with you, I've already stated what his purpose was to the movie. People who wanted a Warren Worthington III billionaire playboy living in a penthouse are just people who are comic book loyalist who feel insulted because the story broke comic book cannon for the sake of motion picture creative license.
Quote:
There is nothing connecting Jean with the new cure, for example.
Nor was she intended to be connected to the cure. Why in the world would The Phoenix be connected to a cure for mutants?

Quote:
You may call it all a good movie. I call it bad writing.
Yeah I do like the movie and think that it's criticized way too harshly because of the death of two beloved characters whose deaths in my opinion raised the stakes of what is constantly being referred to as a war, PEOPLE DIE DURING WAR, ...and X-3 showed that everything doesn't just end all hunky dory and that everybody just walks away during a time of war.

Last edited by T-CLIPSE; 01-24-2012 at 10:09 AM.
T-CLIPSE is offline   Reply With Quote