View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #61
Cain
"West West Y'all"

Default Re: What did Christopher Nolan think of the other Batman movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamAlleys View Post
I hate to disagree with you but I still stand by my words. Right now Im about to leave to work but as soon as Ill get a chance Ill post some examples
It's things like being more sympathetic with his villains ("You need help Harvey; give it up." and being more visible at a crime scene and the quipping; making out with chicks while wearing his cowl and being much more physical in his interactions with villains henchmen; as well as being put in more "James Bond like" deathtraps and escaping them (like the safe or the fireball) that reminded me a lot of bronze age Batman.

Keaton had some bronze age elements too BTW but there was a whole lot of golden age there too. With Kilmer I saw more bronze age in his Batman than anything else. Especially with the head butting with Dick Grayson something that B&R expanded on further which is a bronze age influence on that movie too.

Pull list: Saga, Thief of Thieves, The Manhattan Projects, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Harbinger, X-O Manowar, Archer & Armstrong, Shadowman, Green Lantern, Red Lanterns, Justice League 3000, Action Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Red Hood & The Outlaws, Swamp Thing, All-Star Western, Earth 2, Daredevil, All-New X-Men
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote