View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #63
Cain
"...I prefer 'Doc'"

Default Re: What did Christopher Nolan think of the other Batman movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamAlleys View Post
I think the closest to being a match with Kilmer is Infantino's 60s Batman.

Btw, heres an example from top of my head from the 70s. Batman was pretty much like Bale is in Nolan's movies since the 70s. This is from 1971's Brave and the Bold #93
There are many bronze age elements to Bale. But the bronze age Batman was more than just rage and all.

He was a Batman that had no problem making out with babes while wearing a cowl

or qupping every now and then

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

or coming to the apartment of half naked babes that he's conflicted with as both Bruce Wayne and Batman

Oh and of course Kilmer was the only actor to sport the hairy chest like the bronze age hairy chested batgod. It's those little subtle quirks among many more in the movie that remind of bronze age Bats in BF. There is some "new look" Batman there too most definitely but I think the bronze age elements are most prevalent in my mind when watching him n BF.

Pull list: Saga, The Manhattan Projects, Thief of Thieves, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Future's End, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Red Lanterns, Swamp Thing, Justice League, Justice League 3000, Justice League United, Earth 2, Earth 2: World's End, Worlds' Finest, Batman '66, Batgirl, Gotham Academy, Multiversity, X-O Manowar, Unity, Bloodshot, Archer & Armstrong, Daredevil, All-New X-Men
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote