View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 12:49 AM   #350
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: am I the only one who DIDN'T think Nicholson nailed joker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutRiddled View Post
Jack Nicholson used to be the definitive Joker but now he's become very underrated.
He was the only live action Joker, apart from Romero, who was never a serious contender in the campy show.

Quote:
Many people say he's just playing himself, which isn't a fair criticism. I thought the look, the laugh, the voice and the mannerisms were all Joker. Plus, he also had to play Jack Napier as well and make his performance different to that when he 'becomes' Joker. In that sense, he was good if not better than Ledger.
I don't think he was just playing himself, but compared to Heath I think Heath obviously put more talent into the role. Heath was unrecognizable. If not for the Cop scene, you would never know Heath Ledger was in TDK. Face, voice, mannerisms. He nailed it.

I could still see and hear Jack when he was the Joker. He didn't change his voice. When he kept applying flesh toned make up it was easy to see Jack there with the Chelsea grin.

Both valid Jokers, but when it comes to talent, Heath was much much better, IMO.

Btw, I have to ask why you bumped such an old thread? It's 5 years old.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote