View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 11:28 PM   #384
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Default Re: am I the only one who DIDN'T think Nicholson nailed joker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutRiddled View Post
I watched The Shining yesterday in fact, and while I can see why they would choose Nicholson for Joker based on this performance, but I don't see any 'Joker' in 'Jack Torrance'. They are completely different characters. Ok, they are both homicidal maniacs, in their own way. But they are not completely the same, so I don't know what you mean by "parellels", maybe you can explain this.

I actually found Jack much, much, MUCH more frightening in The Shining than in Batman, but I suppose that is because it's a horror film directed by Kubric no less. As for parallels, I think they pretty much speak for themselves. Just look at any scene where Jack is losing his knocker (such as when he's at the bar) and you can see certain facial expressions, mannerisms and such that are similar between both characters.

Now, I'm not arguing that Jack plays them the same, because he very clearly doesn't. But certainly there are more similarities than anything Heath had ever done before compared to his Joker, come to think of it, other than TDK, did Heath ever even play a villain?

Free Original Music
Brain Damage is offline   Reply With Quote