View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 11:04 PM   #388
Fudgie
Banned User

Default Re: am I the only one who DIDN'T think Nicholson nailed joker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutRiddled View Post
That's your unqualified opinion. Don't try to present as fact.
Unqualified opinion? What qualification do I need to have that opinion, a degree from nerd college? You shouldn't be a hypocrite:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutRiddled View Post
Jack Nicholson used to be the definitive Joker but now he's become very underrated.

Many people say he's just playing himself, which isn't a fair criticism. I thought the look, the laugh, the voice and the mannerisms were all Joker. Plus, he also had to play Jack Napier as well and make his performance different to that when he 'becomes' Joker. In that sense, he was good if not better than Ledger.
Your post is full of statements presented as fact especially your last line. You don't get your own set of rules especially for you.

Quote:
Fact is, you can examine that he did two different performances (Jack Napier and Joker) in the same movie, so you can watch the movie and directly compare. If he played Joker the same as Jack Napier, I would agree with your opinion, but they are obviously different. In fact, the whole movie would not work if you didn't see a complete transformation from Jack Napier to Joker. Otherwise it would be Jack Napier wearing clown makeup, which is obviously not so.
I have examined it and I don't see much of a difference. You see little glimpses of his Joker smile and laugh when he's Napier like when he's threatening the fat Cop in the alley. I think his Joker was Jack Napier on steroids.

I don't need a qualification to say that.

Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote