View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 12:44 AM   #395
OutRiddled
Banned User

Default Re: am I the only one who DIDN'T think Nicholson nailed joker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
I think people are forgetting something.

If you were born to play the Joker then you should reveal yourself in the role.

Nicholson was born to play the Joker.
He was born in 1937. Before Joker was even invented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
I get you, I just don't see much of a difference that's why I think there wasn't a big change about when he turned into Joker.
He only changed his voice, his entire appearance, his mannerisms, his laugh, his delivery...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I know. That's the point being made here. Jack was essentially hired to be Jack in Joker attire.

Heath was hired to be the Joker. Not to sound like a broken record but that's why I was more impressed by Ledger and enjoy Ledger more.

He felt like the Joker. It was a character never seen before on screen. With Jack I saw shades of other roles he'd done in his career, not to mention I could see Jack himself.
It was more of a risk on the filmmaker's part to hire Ledger. Doesn't take away from Jack Nicholson, though. Both were hired to play the Joker and both did a great job. I prefer Nicholson's performance, but Ledger deserves all the praise he gets. I just don't agree with the oft-touted opinion that Nicholson was hired to play himself, and that is what he did. He played the Joker, just like Heath Ledger did. Different interpretations of the character, yet equally valid.

Quote:
I think a new thread would have been easier to make or just post in one of the Joker related threads of Batman 1989 thread instead of digging through 5 years worth of archives just make one simple post.
And then people jump down my throat because there already is a thread. Or a I'm accused of being a "thread digger". Not sure what the etiquette is. 5 years too old?

Quote:
I just can't get my head around it. I get the feeling there was ulterior motives.
I swear that I have not posted at this forum before Nov 2011. God's honest truth. Of course I cannot prove it, but that's just the way it is.

OutRiddled is offline   Reply With Quote