View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 12:57 AM   #396
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: am I the only one who DIDN'T think Nicholson nailed joker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutRiddled View Post
It was more of a risk on the filmmaker's part to hire Ledger. Doesn't take away from Jack Nicholson, though. Both were hired to play the Joker and both did a great job. I prefer Nicholson's performance, but Ledger deserves all the praise he gets. I just don't agree with the oft-touted opinion that Nicholson was hired to play himself, and that is what he did.
So just for clarification, you don't agree with El Payaso's claim that they chose Jack because Jack's general style was the kind of Joker they wanted? It's essentially Jack being Jack as it's so often phrased.

Quote:
And then people jump down my throat because there already is a thread.
LOL I don't think anyone even remembered this thread existed. We're talking 5 years. year old threads are generally forgotten, never mind 5 year old ones. Even I had forgotten it existed and I have a post in here from back in the day.

Quote:
Or a I'm accused of being a "thread digger". Not sure what the etiquette is. 5 years too old?
I'm not accusing you of any bad behavior. I clarified several times I was curious why you chose to bump up such an ancient thread. Yes, 5 years is very old for a forum thread that's never been used since back in early 2007.

Quote:
I swear that I have not posted at this forum before Nov 2011. God's honest truth. Of course I cannot prove it, but that's just the way it is.
Fair enough. I'm willing to take you at your word. We had some guy recently going back and forth getting accounts made and then banned.

The Hype brings out the suspicious side in you. People like to play funny buggers sometimes.

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 01-29-2012 at 01:02 AM.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote