View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 07:53 PM   #54
josh8
Side-Kick

Default Re: Matthew Vaughn Helming X-Men: First Class Sequel

I'm surprised anyone is even suggesting having Wolverine be in this movie. I love him and Hugh Jackman, but enough is enough.

As much as I would feel bad for getting rid of Banshee and Havok, I think that would be the right thing to do. They could just be considered mutants that helped Xavier for this one time but moved on with their lives. Scott's presence could be connected to Alex in a simple explanation (Alex recommended the school to Scott) and then we could have the team that many actually want to see... Cyclops, Jean, Storm, and Beast. If FOX wants their megahit, they know they have to do this... not that huge grosses are that important to me, but they'd be nice.

I know the original trilogy is supposed to be in the "not too distant future", but that doesn't mean anything in terms of what year. There are no concrete references to anything that can "date" the film (besides that awful scene in X2 with the N'SYNC song). Haha also luckily the costume designer for X1 and X2 decided to put everyone in what she considered timeless (RE: ugliest possible) outfits, so there aren't any fashion trends either!

Last edited by josh8; 01-31-2012 at 07:57 PM.