View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 02:48 PM   #65
demitri_vampiro
Side-Kick

Default Re: Matthew Vaughn Helming X-Men: First Class Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
OK, making a parallel connection to the Holocaust didn't come over as clear enough example of mutant bias as "huge hate and discrmination"?

The Bobby scene was completely serious. He told his parents he was a mutant...so his brother called the cops on him. The cops showed up and shot Logan in the head for no reason other than being there. Then Bobby's family completely rejected him and sided with the dip**** brother.

All you took out that was the frozen tea moment? Oy.
i understand what you are saying, but to me the setup of the scene was not good. it could have been executed better. better dialogue.
and making a connection to holocaust, yeah its an example, but thats only done in words. you don't see mutants on the street beaten or hunted.
in x-2 when stryker wanted to raid x-mansion the president said to him that last thing he wants to see is a body of a mutant kid on the news. but why would that be bad if there is so much hate for mutants. a dead mutant on the news shouldn't mean that much in an atmosphere of hate. this is what should have been done. a scene where you see a mutant on the street, maybe helping someone and then once people see he is a mutant, they beat him and leave him to die, and nobody even looks around to help him. not even the person that he had helped.
something like that. then you could really see the public opinion on mutants.
sure they make a comparison to the holocaust, but it is nowhere near that. there are no mutants caught and brought to concentration camps. in the end its just words.