View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 11:32 AM   #77
Godzilla2000
Angry Kaiju

Default Re: Matthew Vaughn Helming X-Men: First Class Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
But the movie will be set in the 60s and 70s. Won't it seem odd to see giant pink robots with advanced technology hunting mutants from that era? I know the comics did it but they're going with a bit of a hyper realism in First Class. Using Sentinels would venture it to the science fantasy realm imo.
This is the sort of argument that can make me laugh. We're talking about Red (Blue if you're Nightcrawler) skinned guys with BAMFing powers, blue skinned girls who can morph into anyone, clothes and all, men who can manipulate metal with jazz hands (lol, love that description from Michael Fassbender.), etc. etc. and you're questioning the logic of something technologically possible as robots?

With a genius like Hank McCoy who was working for the government before Charles recruited him to his team, the Sentinels could be one of his detailed, rejected blue prints some enterprising Mutie hating guy could have recovered from the trash bin and implemented as a defense project. What do you think Area 51 would be for? The Alien technology thing would be just a cover story to throw suspicious individuals off the trail.

- I'd say he's the ragiest but Rajang takes that top spot.

- All I see are people who are making me the unhappiest that I've been in decades. I'd rather be alone than make disrespectful jerks happy.