View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 12:18 PM   #87
Godzilla2000
Two Time Champion

Default Re: Matthew Vaughn Helming X-Men: First Class Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
Considering all the mutants running around, isn't it already in the realm of science fantasy? I think I see what you mean though. Other than the mutants, it's our world, and we didn't have anything approaching giant mutant hunting robots back then. I've always been for there being explanations for where all the futuristic tech comes from. I mean, if there are mad scientists and corporations all over the place inventing androids, time machines, space ships, and death rays, why is the world still so similar to ours? Why are people still driving around in broken down Pintos when the technology for flying cars has seemingly been perfected?
My mother, when she was a teen in the 50's saw a hovercar of some sort at an expo. She was telling me about it and she thought it was weird that after that initial demonstration you never heard about the technology again. Just think of Area 51 and how the government denied its existence for a very long time. Then think about how many experimental things have gone on outside of the prying eyes of the civilian public for decades. How can we be sure that the government didn't have sophisticated things in the 60's that we were never privy to? Do you see where I'm going with this in correlation to the Sentinels? The government, especially the military is very, very secretive about the types of technology it has at its disposal.

3.) A Job, any job that I'm happy doing regardless of what it is.
4.) People, like family and a boyfriend (Possibly future husband.) who genuinely love me and in the case of BF in love with me.
5.) My Cat(s)

Notice how Riches, Attention and Fame are not listed there.