View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #27
Chewy
REDACTED

Default Re: Jeremy Renner is Hawkeye! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
Chewy, this raises quite an interesting question that Iíve wondered about for a while - Do Disney leave Marvel Studio's to run their business as they see fit? Or will they intervene when it comes to talent negotiations?

Marvel are well known to low-ball talent. Rennerís hot property and Marvel are lucky to have him Ė But Universal & Paramount wonít hold back on getting him back for Mission & Bourne respectively. Disney certainly donít hold back on their other big franchises like Depp etc.

Think weíll find out soon enough. It'll be interesting to see what happens post-Iron Man 3 with Downey's contract.
I think that's the wrong question. In my mind the question would be, what happens to an independent studio when a budget gets out of control and then a movie underperforms slightly, vs when the same happens under a huge blanket company like Disney.

I think the fear of a total studio collapse is basically gone under the Disney banner, especially if Avengers gets close to/surpasses a billion $.

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote