View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 08:13 AM   #37
tamron
Side-Kick

Default Re: Black Panther Solo Film!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Maybe even Edward Zwick (Blood Diamond, Love and Other Drugs).
Could definitely work.

Quote:
And some part of me still wants Michael Jai White in on this. Maybe just as a writer, or something.
Fight coordinator, if nothing else.

Quote:
Random Question, assuming we have a scene with young T'Challa. Does it work better at the beginning of the film, or a flashback at some crucial character development point?
I think we need a minimum 4 sequences of a pre-Panther T'Challa. Whether chronologically or flashback, I want em.

1. Klaw's murder of T'Chaka ultimately ending with T'Challa blowing Klaw's hand off.

2. A heart-to-heart between a young T'Challa and T'Chaka about the duties of leadership and tradition. T'Chaka has been established as a character rooted in the old ways of Wakandan tradition. T'Challa is more modern.

Thus T'Challa's breaks from some traditions in the effort of modernizing Wakanda should be an apparent source of tension to some in the narrative (M'Baku being one) and a touchstone conversation highlighting T'Chaka's principals in contrast to T'Challa's later actions will make the conflict crystal clear.

In the end, be it the movie or a franchise, if we're so lucky, T'Challa should be progressing towards integrating the past with the future (Shadow Physics, as a symbolic example), and thus becoming the ideal leader of his people.

3.T'Challa's studying abroad. This can be a montage or something, but I want it clearly shown that before anything, T'Challa is a genius, one of the smartest men in the MCU.

4. The rites of Black Panther. I want to see all of it. No offhanded mentions. Show him taking on the 18 champions of the of Wakandan tribes, his walkabout (minus his encounter with Storm, due to obvious rights issues), dueling S'yan, the ingestion of the herb; the whole deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
I think Peter Mensah would also be a great fit as well for T'Chaka
Mensah for S'yan, perhaps? I think that character could afford to be beefed up a little in a film, serve in a counselor role for T'Challa.

Additionally, in this role, Mensah can give a great fight scene when T'Challa duels him for the throne.

Last edited by tamron; 02-14-2012 at 08:19 AM.
tamron is offline   Reply With Quote