View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #16
Professor of Power
Default Re: Capt. Marvel/Ms. Marvel Film? (Good idea or GREAT idea?)

Who would you guys cast for Captain Marvel?

And another thing I ran my head into a few times. What would be the exact nature and source of Captain Marvel's powers? In the comics it seems to be a varying combination of tech and biology. Perhaps some tech that's keyed to Kree genetics? Nega Bands or UniBeam?

Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Well he doesn't have to be referred to as Captain Marvel. He could be called Mar-Vell but he's a Kree Captain. If someone puts two and two together, they'd call him Captain Mar-Vell, but then again they might not. Maybe someone like Hawkeye could call him Captain Marvel facetiously if he doesn't want him around. He could reply "It's Mar-Vell" and Clint would say "yeah, whatever."
Very true.

But what would you call the movie?

Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Abin Suring him would be a huge mistake. I was just posting about this in the Avengers thread. I think the legacy aspect is the key to making this work.

You devote an entire film to Mar-Vell. Set it up so that he's in a relationship with Carol Danvers (doesn't have to be all that serious of one). Then he needs to sacrifice himself towards the end of the film, with a very heroic and noble death, probably saving the universe from something big. Ms Marvel gets her powers during this, and feels the need to pay homage to Mar-Vell, and not let his sacrifice end the legacy of a man she considers great. So she models herself after him, in "superhero name", costume, etc, trying to live up to his example. End it on her making that decision, on a hopeful note.

Or something along those lines.
I like this, and was thinking of something along these lines as well, though I would definitely have Danvers' relationship with Mar-Vell be very strong, to drive her arc and motivation harder when she gets his powers during his epic sacrifice.

You write a strong screenplay, assemble a strong cast, and just make the movie
Yeah, "make it good" is always the answer, but that wouldn't make for much of a discussion.

Speaking of...

Who's the villain for a "Mar-Vell" movie?

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote