View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #16
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Default Re: Capt. Marvel/Ms. Marvel Film? (Good idea or GREAT idea?)

^Indeed.

Who would you guys cast for Captain Marvel?

And another thing I ran my head into a few times. What would be the exact nature and source of Captain Marvel's powers? In the comics it seems to be a varying combination of tech and biology. Perhaps some tech that's keyed to Kree genetics? Nega Bands or UniBeam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Well he doesn't have to be referred to as Captain Marvel. He could be called Mar-Vell but he's a Kree Captain. If someone puts two and two together, they'd call him Captain Mar-Vell, but then again they might not. Maybe someone like Hawkeye could call him Captain Marvel facetiously if he doesn't want him around. He could reply "It's Mar-Vell" and Clint would say "yeah, whatever."
Very true.

But what would you call the movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Abin Suring him would be a huge mistake. I was just posting about this in the Avengers thread. I think the legacy aspect is the key to making this work.

You devote an entire film to Mar-Vell. Set it up so that he's in a relationship with Carol Danvers (doesn't have to be all that serious of one). Then he needs to sacrifice himself towards the end of the film, with a very heroic and noble death, probably saving the universe from something big. Ms Marvel gets her powers during this, and feels the need to pay homage to Mar-Vell, and not let his sacrifice end the legacy of a man she considers great. So she models herself after him, in "superhero name", costume, etc, trying to live up to his example. End it on her making that decision, on a hopeful note.

Or something along those lines.
I like this, and was thinking of something along these lines as well, though I would definitely have Danvers' relationship with Mar-Vell be very strong, to drive her arc and motivation harder when she gets his powers during his epic sacrifice.

Quote:
You write a strong screenplay, assemble a strong cast, and just make the movie
Yeah, "make it good" is always the answer, but that wouldn't make for much of a discussion.

Speaking of...

Who's the villain for a "Mar-Vell" movie?

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote