View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 05:21 PM   #19
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: Capt. Marvel/Ms. Marvel Film? (Good idea or GREAT idea?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
^Indeed.

Who would you guys cast for Captain Marvel?

And another thing I ran my head into a few times. What would be the exact nature and source of Captain Marvel's powers? In the comics it seems to be a varying combination of tech and biology. Perhaps some tech that's keyed to Kree genetics? Nega Bands or UniBeam?

Very true.

But what would you call the movie?
Well if it weren't for that Alex Ross story about photographer Phil Sheldon, they could've called it "Marvels".

But they could still call it Ms Marvel. It would be a different kind of superhero movie where there's an already established hero (Mar-Vell) but it's really building towards the creation of the eventual heroine of the movie, Carol Danvers.

Or just call it Captain Marvel. Yes, it's a silly name, but it's catchy. It's no worse than Captain America or Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.

Mar-Vell doesn't have to use that name for himself. It's just what the public call him... which they would do in real life if there really were a Captain Mar-Vell. It's like calling someone Superman or Captain America in real life (which happens... well, at least the latter). There could even be a tiny reference to the Shazam character, as if they were mocking Mar-Vell by comparing him to Batson.

Quote:
Who's the villain for a "Mar-Vell" movie?
How about Thanos? He could lead into an Avengers sequel.

Or the Skrulls could be the villains.

Last edited by Dark Raven; 02-16-2012 at 05:24 PM.
Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote