View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 08:55 PM   #293
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

Default Re: So what DIDN'T we like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
I guess it didn't bother me that a soldiers first question is about the outcome of a war. Seventy years is enough time that anything could happen or change.

My least favorite part essentially was that I felt Red Skull was divorced from the Nazis far too quickly. I would have rather the Nazis been fully complicit in his activities even if they weren't fully aware of them.
Captain America got frozen in ice in the Spring of 1945. The outcome of the war was no longer in doubt long before then and depending on whether they skip a few days before the VE Day scenes Hitler may have already been dead before Cap got frozen.

Besides, we don't really get to see him react to much in the present beyond the immediate problem of where he was. I had no problem with that.

My biggest problem with the film was Bucky. He seemed more of a plot device than an actual character. I learned more about Bucky in the five minute PTS in the Ultimate Avengers cartoon movie than I did in this film. It rendered his death meaningless and there will be less of an impact down the line if he ends up becoming Winter Soldier in one of the sequels.

Kahran Ramsus is offline   Reply With Quote