View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #36
El Payaso
Banned User

Default Re: X-Men 3...seriously fans/people--WHY all the hate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
The actual story idea with the cure had potential. But the Phoenix aspect, major characters being killed off... (even off-screen). All that, was just bad. Also, Wolverine being the new X-Men leader. That seemed very forced.
Okay, so how exactly is major characters dying a bad thing per se? Didn't Hamlet die at the end? Was that bad?

And then again, Wolverine of all was the one who had a biggest development, passing from the classic individualist to the leader. How is development forced is a mistery to me. Plus it was him and Storm who became more the spiritual leader as Logan became the battle leader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
I also had problems with Magneto. His depiction. He really wasn't much of a threat here. Ironic, since he lifts the ****ing Golden Gate bridge. But he does very little else, except talk, and his followers are mostly thuggish gang members. Not very dignified or sophisticated.
So, all Magneto did was organizing all the mutants that were against the cure and give the hell of an attack against that facility. Not to mention to keep the uncontrolable Phoenix workinmg for him.

And yes, the bridge thing, and how he rescued Juggernaut and Mistique wasn't bad either.

I cannot grasp this Magneto's 'lack of threat' or how 'little' did he do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Last stand Isn't on par with X-Men,and X2.It Is far beneath them.
How so? It addressed much more important issues than X2 and had far better action and character development - which X2 had little of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
It does have some redeeming qualitys but It Is a very mixed bag.Most X-Men fans would call Last Stand a mixed bag.
Mh. So...?

Last edited by El Payaso; 02-18-2012 at 01:42 PM.
El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote