View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #38
El Payaso
Banned User

Default Re: X-Men 3...seriously fans/people--WHY all the hate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
Major characters dying is fine, if done properly. But here it felt rushed, and at times they didn't seem to care. Cyclops apparently dies off screen. No characters really seemed to care, beyond "oh, Scott's dead". It didn't affect anyone.
It did affect the rest of the X-Men and I remember Jean Gray asking Wolverine to kill her because she's aware she killed Scott. So yes, they did care.

Quote:
Xavier's death was abrupt, but at least there was a little mourning.
Abrupt? He knew the risk of going to Phoenix and talk to her. And she took her time to kill him, first having him levitating for a while, then starting slowly to desintegrate him before actually killing him. So no, it was not abrupt at all.

And you call a "little mourning" to a whole scene of the funeral and other parts where Wolverine was very affected as was Storm. No, it was not "little."

Quote:
Hell, it's hard to get invested in any of these characters. Remember Colossus? Did he even have dialogue in this movie?
Did he have any in X2?

But just to answer your question, yes, he had and had more screentime and participation than in X2 too.

Quote:
Most of the X-Men never even spoke to each other.
Odd. I remember the first scene with all X-Men involved speaking to each other, then Xavier to Storm, to Phonenix, to Wolverine. In fact, all X-Men spent the movie speaking to weach other.

Quote:
They killed off Cyclops just so Wolverine could be leader. That I found forced.
And then again it was to show how destructive Phoenix was, how little control Jean Gray had over it. How that woman that Scott loved had changed.

For that matter they had them being mutants just to have them have some conflict, how forced is that? It's just the way stories are told.

Quote:
In the first movie, Magneto was a sophisticated, mysterious figure, they built him up to be a menacing threat. A guy with big plans. In the third movie, he just wanders around with a poorly organized gang of mutant delinquents. In the first movie he had a very ambitious scheme that threatened the entire world. Here he and some hoods flash mob Alcatraz… That's the entirety of his plan. Surprised they didn't say genius Pyro was the one who came up with that master plan.
It's just wording poorly one plan and extol the other. In both movies Magneto wanders around with some other mutants. In X3 he happens to have hundreds of them instead of 3.

And of course the Alcatraz thing was just the start, but it was going to destroy the 'homo sapiens'' plan to destroy them. It was still better than his plans in X2 which were... just stop one guy I think.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote