View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 09:47 PM   #7
Krimasen
Avenger 0

Default Re: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance - Rate & Review Thread

I caught a matinee show yesterday. I liked it. It was by no means a great movie, but I enjoyed it much more than the first one. I thought the special effects for the flames and the Ghost Rider were much better and more realistic. They absolutely could've done better with the story, but it's just okay for what it is. Nicholas Cage felt more attuned to the role here than in GR. Cage is known for his quirky mannerisms and occasional film freakouts and he has a couple of those moments here. What I think hurts this film (and also hurt the first one) is the lack of a compelling villain. Blackheart was a disappointment and I'd reckon a lot of people who aren't hardcore Ghost Rider fans (which I'm not) wouldn't even know who the villain in this one is supposed to be. If they end up doing a third film, I would like to see them go with Ghost Rider vs Vengeance or some other character similar to that.

All in all, if you go to this film expecting something great, you will be sorely disappointed. If you go into it expecting something at least better than the original, you'll probably be pleasantly surprised. I'd give it about a 7/10.