View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 02:58 PM   #16
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Default Re: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance - Rate & Review Thread

far be it for me to tell the film makers how to write a script but in this movie the bits that really work is ghost rider taking down the bad guys so there should have been more of that and less of 'the son of satan' rubbish which has been done like 3,878,987 times before.

a suggestion, they should have made the plot structure like scott pilgrim (taking down the 7 evil exs) and the movie centers around GR taking down (insert number of bad guys) and then close with the final boss. the end. trying to tack on a cliche plot was a hugh mistake and I was completely checked out of this movie when ghost rider wasn't on the screen.

if you look at a movie like SM2, the characters are fleshed out, the plot is engaging and the spidey action is a cherry on top of a very nice cake. contrast with ghost rider where the action is a cheery on top of a turd.

I may get this on blu ray but only because I can fast forwards past the boring bits.
I think jeremy johns was overly harsh on this movie. ghost rider (the character) was great, the animated sections were great, the camera work was excellent and the action kick arse but maybe he was looking at the story and plot structure and if you judge the movie on those terms...then yes, the movie sucks.

Last edited by spider-neil; 02-19-2012 at 03:08 PM.
spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote