View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 10:04 AM   #35
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: Capt. Marvel/Ms. Marvel Film? (Good idea or GREAT idea?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I was talking about Carol's past, and the fact that she's a recovering alcoholic.
They can just cut that out altogether. That's the mid section of Carol's past. She didn't start off that way in the 70s and 80s, and she isn't really that so much today. Part of the reason she got into that was because she had her powers and identity stolen from her by Rogue when she was thrown off the Golden Gate Bridge. Since Rogue is owned by Fox, there won't be any of that backstory. There was also that whole rape thing with Marcus (son of Immortus) and her sense of betrayal by the Avengers. Not only will they not go into any rape issue, but that would be too far down the line anyway where the team is already well established.

I see Marvel just glossing over this in the same way as Tony Stark barely touched on this in Iron Man 2. Alcoholism is more of Iron Man's schtick anyway, and even then, isn't what defines him. I don't think there's any need for that with Carol.