View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 11:28 PM   #865
chaseter
Bland User

Default Re: The Official ASM THEATRICAL TRAILER Thread! - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebbHead View Post
Haven't you been impressed with anything you've seen or heard though? I just ask because I've been lurking for a while and you always seem to pretty skeptical or outright negative. I'm not going to go ahead and say that this will be the best movie ever, but from what I've seen I'm pretty optimistic about it. The sizzle reel at the screening has definitely reenforced my hopes for the film. I just am asking to see if there's anything you are impressed by thus far.
No I am not optimistic. Too many things I dislike outweigh what I do like at this point. Of course I will give the movie a fair shot but I would rather go in with no expectations than go in with a bar so high that I will be let down.

I have mentioned what I like on here...Emma as Gwen, Sheen as Ben, Lizard as the villain aside from his face and lizardfy plot, mechs (although I didn't mind organics), practical effects before I saw a ton of cgi, and Garfield as Peter.

Webb has to impress me. I am not taking a religious pilgrimage to his stoop to bow down to him just yet. I have said countless times in here...let's wait for the movie. It could be good, it could be bad. Who knows. If it's amazing I will be in here acting like a school girl. If it sucks I will have prepared accordingly.