View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 07:02 AM   #56
Rockstar
Banned User

Default Re: How many years should WB wait before making a Batman reboot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
It's not a flawed comparison. You try to to recreate the magic of someone else's style of storytelling and it could ruin the movie completely.

No one knows the advantages of Nolan-verse like Nolan himself. If someone tries to imitate his vision it won't feel genuine.

It's better to wipe the slate clean and try a fresh approach from a talented director and writer. Sky's the limit.

You wipe the slate clean when a franchise fails.

When you have a billion dollar formula that works, the studio would be stupid to completely throw everything Nolan did with Batman out the window.

I wasn't surprised in the slightest when Robinov mentioned that Nolan and Thomas would produce the next Batman. Its the smartest move the studio could make with their property than risk going back to the 90s.

This film wouldn't be the Nolan-verse of course. We know Nolan's tale ends with TDK. I'm saying it's very likely Nolan's realistic approach will continue for the future films. Uslan said it's more successful than a comicbook-y stylized movie and that Nolan made Batman into something accessible for all audiences through this realistic format.

I don't seriously believe the studio will give up on this winning approach.

Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote