View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 09:25 AM   #61
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: Jeremy Renner is Hawkeye! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
If RDJ had never created that persona and acted more like his comic book self, do you think people would like the character as much? I never really found Stark likable as a person until the wisecracking aspect was added. It'll be interesting to see how Stark and Clint play off of each other with their comedic personalities. The thing is having them seem distinctively different while they both play similar roles (comedic relief). Maybe Clint's sense of humor is going to be dry and sarcastic as opposed to Tony's witty and upbeat style, idk but something needs to set them apart.

On a side note, it'll also be interesting to see how Spidey's sense of humor in his movie differs from Iron Man's and Hawkeye's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I know being a "wise ass" is a big part of Hawkeye's personality but I think it should be more dry witted because I think RDJ's Tony fills in the "wise ass" position.

If anyone has ever watched the TV series "Suits", that's how they could distinguish the personalities and humour. Tony would be more like Harvey Spector's humour (which is more wise ass) while Hawkeye's would be more douchey like Louis Litt's. Hawkeye should generally be not that likeable, but because he says such obnoxious and funny things, you can't help but like him.