View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 07:00 AM   #64
Kirmit
Big Green Machine.

Default Re: TIH vs. Ang Lee's Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
I know people are entitled to their opinions but i don't understand why they prefer TIH over Ang's.

Ang's comes closest to portraying Hulk as an actually character of his own, with his own personality and his own mind. Ang's has the best action scenes and "Hulk outs". It has the best characterisation, specifically for Bruce and General Ross. Ang's is more accurate to the comics. It has the better CGI and the Hulk looks like the Hulk, instead of an oversized steroid using body builder who has painted themselves green. Ang's has anger, as an emotion, powering Hulk. Not a raised heart beat.

For me Ang's is just so superior it's not even a contest. I still enjoy TIH, particularly Tim Roth.
Simply that some people were going into a Hulk film expecting a fun action-fest, that is what TIH delivered whilst Ang's Hulk was more of a thought provoking movie, not what everyone wanted from a Hulk movie. As they stand, I like both movies equally for different reasons, had there been a directors cut of TIH including the deleted scenes I feel it would be my favourite by a fair margin.

Just to add, you say Hulk looks more like Hulk in Ang's, many would argue that TIH was a closer representation of the character, personally, as there have been so many different versions of him in the comics I don't think there is a clear cut look for the character.