View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 10:35 AM   #72
The Morningstar
Banned User

Default Re: How many years should WB wait before making a Batman reboot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CConn View Post
I honestly think the only truly fresh way to go next time around, would be to show an already established Batman - possibly with Robin, or some other sidekick - battling the villains that we haven't seen in the Nolan movies.

I mean, to do Joker again, or spend another one or two movies on how and why Bruce became Batman, would just start getting monotonous, IMO. We've already seen a lot of those elements in not only Nolan's movies, but Burton's as well.

Creatively speaking, I'd want someone to do a new thematic approach to Batman. We've already seen camp (Adam West), gothic (Burton), crime drama (Nolan)....I'd want to see something that explores a different genre of film, whether it be adventure, or noir, etc.
I really want the next films to be more noir. Heavily stylized, but still gritty and hard boiled. Along the lines of Sin City, but not THAT stylized where everything is clearly green screen.

Hell, I wouldn't even mind some Batman narration like the old detective stories.

Also agree that they should not do another origin story (although a lot of great stuff was missed with the Begins origin) and try some new villains. I think Ventriloquist could be interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CConn View Post
I've been thinking about what would be a good visual tone for another film.

What about something like this?

Sleek, shiny, yet sophisticated. It could almost be for Batman, what the Star Trek reboot was for Star Trek; stylistically, at least.
Kingdom Come? Love it. I could totally dig something like that in the next films. I think a little less "clean" though if you get my drift.

The Morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote