View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 01:35 PM   #67
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Default Re: Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel? (Poll)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
The epilogue to the Avengers should feature Parker Robbins finding a red cloak, perhaps a discarded object from Odin's throne room, stolen by Loki.. and so..
Ugh, the Hood's a terrible villain in the comics. He'd be even worse as a movie villain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackheart View Post
Nobody, but Thanos!
Yeah, but then who'd be the villain in Avengers 3? There's literally no topping him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Yeah Loki's going to make a deal with him in The Avengers and he's going to be the one to supply Loki with an army.
Wow, I seriously hope you're just theorizing and not basing that off any legitimate sources, because the idea of Thanos "lending" an army to Loki or anyone else is just silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Not necessarily. The thing is I want the Pyms set up prior to Ultron. I also think Ultron taking over all of the worlds computer systems and elecronics giving him access to the worlds defenses and infrastructure is huge therefor on par with Thanos. So to answer your question, I don't feel he's a step down. I would also love to see Kang too but I'd leave him for a forth installment.
...you think Ultron taking over the worlds computer systems is on par with Thanos? Thanos became omnipotent more than once. He once murdered half the population of the entire universe. He recently murdered ALL life in another universe. In comparison to that, taking over the computer systems on Earth is so trivial it's not even worth considering.

They're not on par at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
One of the difficulties of Kang is that his powers and his MO are somewhat more abstract, since they involve time travel. Whereas Thanos can be, if needed, simplified into an invading alien warlord.
Ugh, that'd be terrible. If you're just going to have an alien warlord, then there's no reason to waste Thanos on something so lame. Use Ronan, the Supreme Intelligence, Gladiator, Deathbird, Captain Atlas, the Super Skrull, the Power Skrull, Annihilus, Blastaar, or any number of idiots. Thanos is better than that.

Captain Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote