View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 01:59 PM   #32
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Default Re: The Avengers vs The Dark Knight Rises - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Oh and if I'm not mistaken Batman Begins grossed 372 million in the box office, so just because none of the previous Marvel Studios films grossed as much as TDK doesn't mean The Avengers can't buck the trend.

That's flawed logic you're using there, I see where you're coming from but nothing is set it stone.
Of course nothing is set in stone but I see no reason why a Batman movie featuring Catwoman that is a sequel to a beloved film will not out-gross The Avengers? You can't compare TDK situation to the Avengers because the last Avengers related film did not sell an amazing amount on DVD like Batman Begins did nor was it as well received. (I loved Captain America BTW). Also The Avengers doesn't have one of the most popular villains ever and the star who played that villain probably won't tragically die before the film comes out thus giving the film more attention from the media than it would have ever received.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Calm down geez, I was just asking because everyone keep using domestic numbers as if world wide grosses don't count.
I was calm when I wrote that response and I'm calm now. I said hell not the F-word. Hell is not a big deal.

I have seen nobody say that worldwide grosses don't count. They count and even there I see Batman beating Avengers in total. I don't think that the international thing is as cut and dry as domestic but overall Batman will win.

2014 IS THE YEAR DC/WB DECIDED TO GET SERIOUS.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote