View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 02:24 AM   #65
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: The Avengers vs The Dark Knight Rises - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
Youtube statistics aside, what I find strange here it peoples correlation with the individual Avenger characters movies.

I don't really see it. I don't think it's a case of "Well the highest grossing Marvel film was IM2 with 600 million, so where is the other 200 million coming from?"

The people seeing Avengers won't just be the people who saw the other Marvel movies. The marketing has assured this.

The last trailer is a teenage boys/20 somethings wet dream. It's frickin superheroes fighting an alien invasion. It's superheroes fighting a war. It's just a completely different level than any of Marvels other movies, or any other superhero movie for that matter. Whether they like superheroes, saw the previous movies or not, it's irrelevant. It's a massive action extravaganza that's opening in May, it has 2 weeks basically free run at the box office... the movie will be a monster.
Exactly, I just shake my head everytime I see comments saying The Avengers has no chance at grossing between 800 million and 1 billion because of IM2's performance.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote