View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 09:56 AM   #101
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel? (Poll)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
The original Joe Cornish script was set in the 60s *and* the modern world, though --- with Pym being the "original" Ant-Man of the 60s, but the bulk of the movie was to focus on him mentoring Scott Lang as his successor in modern times.

But all of that was with the first draft, years ago, and there's been tons of re-writes since then; the current version was just turned in to Marvel last fall, and nobody knows what (or who) it's going to be about. I'd be willing to bet that Marvel has convinced Wright/Cornish to focus on Pym, though, and drop the whole 1960s backstory angle.
Yeah I remember hearing about it years ago but it's gets brought up around here like it happened yesterday, plus I've never been a fan of Lang so there's another reason why I hope the actual film ends up significantly different.

However I do think Edgar Wright is a director capable of doing Ant Man justice, it's just his initial 1960s, "Scott Lang prepping" vision that I'm not too keen on seeing come to fruition.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote