View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #105
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel? (Poll)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
The original Joe Cornish script was set in the 60s *and* the modern world, though --- with Pym being the "original" Ant-Man of the 60s, but the bulk of the movie was to focus on him mentoring Scott Lang as his successor in modern times.

But all of that was with the first draft, years ago, and there's been tons of re-writes since then; the current version was just turned in to Marvel last fall, and nobody knows what (or who) it's going to be about. I'd be willing to bet that Marvel has convinced Wright/Cornish to focus on Pym, though, and drop the whole 1960s backstory angle.
Yeah, I got the impression that it was like the Mask of Zorro, with Anthony Hopkins passing on the Zorro baton to his successor, Antonio Banderas. I don't want to really see that here, to be honest. I don't think Lang really adds anything except for being a distraction.

A story focusing on Pym and Jan would be much more interesting. I would say only bring in Scott Lang if they wanted to later do a sequel but didn't want to continue with Pym (although that could end up like Highlander IV).

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote