View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #70
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Default Re: The Avengers vs The Dark Knight Rises - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPacked View Post
I'm just saying, the statistics are saying that Avengers could be even more massive than anyone can imagine, possibly bigger than TDK's gross, even.

I reiterate that I want this film to ****ing destroy Phantom Menace.
It might, but those social network stats don't mean anything to me and Parker Wayne simply because social networking stats (most of the time) have never been consistent and accurate with Box Office results. For instance, before Inception's final trailer was released, Inception's Official Facebook Page had under 21,000 likes. By following that logic, we can only assume that Inception should have then only made 300-350 million dollars at the Box Office.

Now, The Avengers could outgross TDKR. Anything is possible, but the odds are against it for two reasons:

1.) TDKR is the sequel following one of the most successful films in cinematic history (with China now being an open market for Batman).

2.) Christopher Nolan is a brand name while Joss Whedon is unknown to the GA. Nolan released two back-to-back pop-culture films and amassed a large fanbase in just three years.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
DoomsdayApex is offline   Reply With Quote