View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #50
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: Capt. Marvel/Ms. Marvel Film? (Good idea or GREAT idea?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Comic sales don't matter. Green Lantern was one of the hottest properties in comicdom when that movie came out. Captain Marvel is a somewhat straightforward character with one notable storyline - his death.

It's not that a woman can't carry a movie series unless a man starts it off her, it's that it's a unique story that pertains to Ms Marvel wherein her predecessor dies and passes on the mantel.

Ms Marvel would have her own trilogy of films. It's just that the first would have a co-star. Her origin ties in directly to Mar-Vell, and combining that story with his death gives the tale emotional weight it wouldn't otherwise have had
Exactly. And my suggestion of making it like Executive Decision is not so that Captain Marvel has to carry the movie first, but because it would be a big shock to audiences and differentiate it from all the other comic book movies out there. Audiences probably already think that all comic movies are much the same, so anything that switches up the formula a bit is a good thing. And when I mention Executive Decision, that doesn't mean that Mar-Vell has to die at around the same spot as Steven Segal did in that movie.

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote