View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 05:43 PM   #38
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

Default Re: Should this Superman kill? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
There's a good chance he won't have those options. There are hints that Zod, Faora, and others are refugees, not escapees from the phantom zone, and there may not even be kryptonite since this is the first movie.
And if that's how they've written this film, then it will have failed to me

If the big reboot is a storyline in which the only option for Superman to save the world involves killing a bunch of kryptonians, then i'd rather have had him wrestling polar bears in the arctic... dead serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
Exactly. Calling Superman's code against killing "trivial" just shows a lack of understanding of how essential it is to his character. It's the line that he cannot pass, and if he does, then Superman ends.

I know modern comics and films treat life as a trivial thing, but it is not. Especially not to a figure like Superman.
This.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote