View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #65
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: Capt. Marvel/Ms. Marvel Film? (Good idea or GREAT idea?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
...I'm not sure them working together would be that awesome in a film, tbh. Their powers are identical aren't they? And it makes Ms. Marvel look like a sidekick instead of a legacy hero. And you lose what makes the film special if the hero survives. Maybe having a likeable Hammer bite it just drives home the point that much harder.
While I've thought of this and would agree to a certain extent and would even like to see this, the thing is that if Marvel have a success on their hands with Armie Hammer in the role, then they probably won't want to kill him off even if that was their initial plan. It's like killing the goose that lays the golden egg. Although on a different scale, imagine if Marvel always planned to kill off Iron Man in the movies. Then when RDJ strikes such a chord with audiences they're not going to want to go with their intial plan because it's box office gold.

As far as Capt Marvel is concerned, think about it from a business point of view for Marvel. If he turns out to be popular, will they want to switch out their character for a female version who may or may not be popular but isn't a sure thing yet (especially given that female characters aren't as successful)?