View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 12:13 PM   #66
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Default Re: Capt. Marvel/Ms. Marvel Film? (Good idea or GREAT idea?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
It wouldn't look like she's a side kick if they're working together "loosely" as in being on missions in different places, but I understand where you're coming from.
How could they work together loosely in the same film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
While I've thought of this and would agree to a certain extent and would even like to see this, the thing is that if Marvel have a success on their hands with Armie Hammer in the role, then they probably won't want to kill him off even if that was their initial plan. It's like killing the goose that lays the golden egg. Although on a different scale, imagine if Marvel always planned to kill off Iron Man in the movies. Then when RDJ strikes such a chord with audiences they're not going to want to go with their intial plan because it's box office gold.

As far as Capt Marvel is concerned, think about it from a business point of view for Marvel. If he turns out to be popular, will they want to switch out their character for a female version who may or may not be popular but isn't a sure thing yet (especially given that female characters aren't as successful)?
I see what you're saying... but I don't think there's a time frame for that, and I don't think Marvel is in 'screw storytelling, lets just make money' mode. Feige isn't going to drop in on a director during post production saying "Armie's testing well, change the ending of the film." Once they know they have a success, he'd already be dead, so when would this proverbial 'box office gold' adjustment take place? If anything, they'll just decide not to go ahead with a Ms. Marvel film, or reduce her role in the Avengers.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote