View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 11:31 AM   #67
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: Capt. Marvel/Ms. Marvel Film? (Good idea or GREAT idea?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
How could they work together loosely in the same film?

I see what you're saying... but I don't think there's a time frame for that, and I don't think Marvel is in 'screw storytelling, lets just make money' mode. Feige isn't going to drop in on a director during post production saying "Armie's testing well, change the ending of the film." Once they know they have a success, he'd already be dead, so when would this proverbial 'box office gold' adjustment take place? If anything, they'll just decide not to go ahead with a Ms. Marvel film, or reduce her role in the Avengers.
Well, I foresee that Marvel would probably not decide to kill him off anyway but have a complete movie with him where he lives at the end. However, the movie might be seeded with Carol Danvers and even show her absorbing some of his kree energy, with her only finding out towards the end that she has powers. Marvel would probably set it up that Carol only becomes Ms Marvel in a sequel, or if she does become the character at the end, then Mar-Vell would still be around.

It's not like Mar-Vell died on his first outing anyway. He was around for 62 issues and had some appearances in the Marvel universe, even alongside Ms Marvel.

If Marvel do decide to bring Ms Marvel to life however, they had better not do a half-hearted attempt on her with some more conservative, "realistic" costume that covers her up. I want the thigh high boots and bare legs (and even ass cheeks) and the whole gold lightning stripe on her front with the red sash. I'd like to see her original costume too with equally bare legs and a bare navel. They had better make that costume sexy!!